By the Law 4310/2014 (“Research, Technological Development and Innovation and other provisions”) of the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs recently passed by the Greek Parliament, the Volos Academy for Theological Studies is included among the recognized Greek research centers.
This is a very important development for the Volos Academy for Theological Studies and an official recognition of its work by the state. This is a milestone in the course of its academic development, at the local, national and international levels. This recognition entrusts the Academy for Theological Studies with more responsibilities and new tasks for the development and international promotion of the scientific theological research being done in our country, and for the vibrant and creative witness of Orthodoxy in the modern world.
The Research Center of the Volos Academy for Theological Studies includes five specialized scientific and research departments which are soon expected to be transformed into research institutes. These departments are:
- Department ofChantingArt andMusicology
- Department of the study of the manuscript tradition Testament
- Department of Canonical Theology
- Department of Interreligious Studies
- Department of Research, Management and Maintenance of Byzantine and post-Byzantine Monuments and Relics